Comprehensive Leadership Training
The Tennessee Interscholastic Cycling League’s annual Leaders Summit brings together coaches, assistant coaches, ride leaders, and parent volunteers—both new and experienced—to develop skills and knowledge, share strategies, and build community. This conference and retreat promotes a well-rounded approach to coaching that creates an environment in which young people can grow and thrive. This is a great opportunity to spend a weekend in the company of peers and energize for the upcoming season.
Our 2017 Summit will be held at the world famous Smoke House Lodge & Cabins with great trail riding in Sewanee, TN!
DATE: April 28-30, 2017
LOCATION: The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins
ADDRESS: 844 W Main St, Monteagle, TN 37356
PICTURES & LOCATION DETAILS
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
- CLICK HERE FOR THE AGREEMENT TO PARTICIPATE>> Please sign and bring to check in!
- REGISTRATION INCLUDES: Conference Materials, Coaches Manual, Coaches Gift, Lodging on Friday and Saturday nights, breakfast and lunch on Saturday, breakfast and lunch on Sunday, and special discount pricing on team registration in Pit Zone for the upcoming season. Dinner is ala cart with the option to visit local Sewanee restaurants.
- COST: $300 with lodging. $200 without lodging. Sunday only is available for $150. (Plus $5-$9 CC processing fee). Mail in option available: send check to 1712 Hillsboro Rd. Franklin TN 37069. Payee: NICA-Tennessee
- LODGING INFORMATION: Cabins for Friday and Saturday night have been reserved. Each cabin sleeps 6 people with 3 separate bedrooms (2 with queens and 1 with a king) and 2 pullouts in the living area , 2 bathrooms, 1 Jacuzzi Tub, Full Kitchen. You will be assigned to a cabin based on availability. Each person will have their own bed. Please email your LD with any special requests or questions. With LODGING registration closes on April 10th!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance.
Friday, April 28, 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM – Group Ride, Social and Dinner
Optional group ride, social and dinner.
Saturday, April 29, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM – Leadership and Coaching Seminars
Weekend seminars cover the core principles of working with high school student athletes in the context of a Tennessee mountain bike team. These seminars provide basic and in depth knowledge that all Tennessee Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and Ride Leaders should be aware of and incorporate into their team programs. Experienced coaches and new coaches alike will benefit from this informative day of discussion.
Sunday April 30, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM – MTB Skills for Coaches Clinic
The MTB Skills for Coaches clinic teaches the progressive steps needed to teach anyone (even yourself) both basic and advanced mountain biking skills. You will also learn about experiential teaching techniques, how to accommodate different learning styles, and how to create a positive learning environment for young riders. We will build on the knowledge learned in previous Leaders Summits to provide a more in depth break out session for experienced coaches.
The MTB Skills Clinic will be held outdoors, please bring your bike and appropriate riding and safety gear for the weather.