Comprehensive Leadership Training
The Tennessee Interscholastic Cycling League’s annual Leaders Summit brings together coaches, assistant coaches, ride leaders, and parent volunteers—both new and experienced—to develop skills and knowledge, share strategies, and build community. This conference and retreat promotes a well-rounded approach to coaching that creates an environment in which young people can grow and thrive. This is a great opportunity to spend a weekend in the company of peers and energize for the upcoming season.
Our 2018 Summit will be held at Christ Presbyterian Academy in Nashville, with great trail riding down the road at Percy Warner Park!
NEW 2018 OTB 201 CURRICULUM & RETURNING COACHES TRACK!
DATE: April 28-29, 2018
LOCATION: Christ Presbyterian Academy
ADDRESS: 2323 Old Hickory Blvd A, Nashville, TN 37215
PICTURES & LOCATION DETAILS
REGISTRATION IS OPEN – REGISTER HERE NOW!
- CLICK HERE FOR THE AGREEMENT TO PARTICIPATE>> Please sign and bring to check in!
- FULL WEEKEND REGISTRATION INCLUDES: Conference Materials, Coaches Manual, Coaches Gift, Raffle entry, lunch on Saturday, lunch on Sunday, and special discount pricing on team registration in Pit Zone for the upcoming season.
- COST: Full Weekend – $125. Sunday only – $50. Mail in option available: send check to 1712 Hillsboro Rd. Franklin TN 37069. Payee: NICA-Tennessee
- Please email email@example.com for any assistance.
- REBATE program offered for new teams – ask for details
Saturday, April 28, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM – Leadership and Coaching Seminars
Weekend seminars cover the core principles of working with middle and high school student-athletes in the context of a Tennessee mountain bike team. These seminars provide basic and in depth knowledge that all Tennessee Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and Ride Leaders should be aware of and incorporate into their team programs. Experienced coaches and new coaches alike will benefit from this informative day of discussion. We will build on the knowledge learned in previous Leaders Summits to provide a more in depth break out session for experienced coaches.
Sunday April 29, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM – OTB 201 Skills for Coaches Clinic
NEW OTB 201 Skills for Coaches clinic teaches the progressive steps needed to teach anyone (even yourself) both basic and advanced mountain biking skills. You will also learn about experiential teaching techniques, how to accommodate different learning styles, and how to create a positive learning environment for young riders. The OTB 201 Skills Clinic will be held outdoors, please bring your bike and appropriate riding and safety gear for the weather.